YouView is a hybrid television platform for BT and TalkTalk.
My role at YouView covered many aspects of development such as testing, deployment and build processes. As part of the Settings team I worked closely with product and UX teams to improve the user experience. I am now on the innovation team helping to develop new and exciting features.
Have a look at some projects I carried out at YouView
- - Built out external Help application prototype using Typescript
- - Implemented multiple setting options using Redux and RxJS
- - Introduced CSS into the build process using Webpack, Stylelint and Sass
- - Implemented HLS Video Trailers into UI as a solo project carrying out design, UX and development
- - Built and deployed multiple API’s connecting to AWS services such as Dynamodb and PostgreSQL
- - Worked side by side with Android developers to port UI to Android TV devices
SoleTrader.com are the largest DIFM website provider in the UK.
During my time as tech lead as SoleTrader.com, I was in-charge of the design and development of all themes and build processes, When the need to develop our own internal application was prioritised, I stepped into a data architect role to help progress the task quickly.
Check out a major project I worked on while at SoleTrader.com
- - Bespoke WordPress Themes using HTML5, CSS, jQuery & PHP
- - Building Internal systems using PHP, SQL and AngularJs
- - Website development and maintenance including landing page conversions
- - Agile project management
- - Internal and external team management